Friday 20 September 2013

A conundrum and what to do without a purple pencil


I am so close to finishing this, I feel I can taste it. And as my mother is saying, I should hurry just in case I need to buy more yarn because they sometimes stop to make them in the colours I am using. 
And I want it to turn into what I have in my mind and not something else, and I do not want leftover yarn..... because leftover yarn turns into new starts and new starts turn into more yarn because there was not enough in the first place and and and it is a never ending conundrum.  This has been a work in progress for three years so I better hurry.
Oh, how I love this yarn. (alpaca super fine from Viking)


So this is how I want it to look when finished. Maybe;) 
That weird colour in the bottom right square is supposed to be light purple, but none of my colour pencil boxes had that particular colour....

 And this is how it is looking at the moment. Boyfriend wanted it to look a little less square and a bit more like a proper blanket. So I am trying to make it look how he wants, he'll just have to bare that hot pink:) I was trying for a blend of colours suitable for the both of us and not too much pink, but then again I want to use up what I have..... (Don't mind the clutter, we don't have a lot of floor space and this is the only place i could show the blanket, but it still does not quite fit. Haha.


As you can see this is right in the middle of bunny territory so she came to investigate. I don't think she was that impressed because she went back under the couch...


A closeup of the bunny sniffing the alpaca yarn, apparently it did not smell nice.


As for stitching I hope I will get some done tomorrow. But I am so close to finish this I just want it done so I can cross it off my list....

BTW
Am I weird if I give away something I made from yarn I got as a present? Is that socially acceptable? I get the feeling like I should give it to the person I got the yarn from.... (To be honest, I did not really get the yarn, I got money and bought the yarn, does that make a difference or not?)
I mean, I did get the gift to do with as I please, so I can do whatever I want, but is there an unwritten rule somewhere I was not informed of?
Yes, I tend to over think things.



1 comment:

*Kio Valentine said...

Don't know if I can be of much help, but here's my thoughts on the gift-yarn:

When you get yarn as a present what you're really getting is a hobby project kit, or, you know, something to do. (It's kind of like giving a cinema gift-sertificate for someone who loves movies. In the case of yarn you're giving a crocheting gift-sertificate for someone you loves crocheting...) When you have made something out of this yarn the gift is "done" or "finished", "fulfilled" (don't know what to call it) and you are free to do with the finished product whatever you like.