Thursday 30 January 2014

My all that glitters swap

A little after Christmas I joined another swap, and I made two small things, a bookmark and a coaster. The name of the swap was "all that glitters" and the idea was to make something usable out of sparkly fabric and thread. I did not use only sparkly thread, because, well, it would look too Christmassy. Metallics come in a very limited palette all very dark and well, Christmassy. Unless you use a blending filament with your regular thread, but I did not have that at hand.
In fact, the bookmark only has regular thread on sparkly aida, but the angel coaster has sparkly aida, sparkly white wings and a gold halo and border. 

I liked them, and I hope my swap-partner did too, she got a small trinket box that glittered with some glittery buttons of butterflies in it too. She said she liked animals and girly things, so I think it fits. at least I hope it did.




The bookmark is from a Cross Stich Crasy issue 159 designed by Rhona Norrie.



The angel is the angels I have made for a while now, and I still love them, taken from  Christmas Cross Stitch Favorites Speial Issue (I am assuming 1) by Lucie Heaton.

I made her a card too.


Here is the gifts I put inside the swap, gifts where not required, but I thought I should put in something else in it since my finishing skills are not that great. The crochet snowflakes are handmade by me, as is the card. The glittery thing in the top left corner is a reflector so that cars see you when you walk about shaped like a star. The gifts were fairly inexpensive and easy to ship to another country.
I really hopes she like it.



No comments: