Sunday 9 February 2014

Crochet Hook Case

I am making a present, I hope to finish it soon, because it is intended to be a 70th birthday present for my aunt. I think I have started it with yarn that is too small, because the gauge does not seem quite right.



I think it is a bit too small for the crochet needles, but I hope it will stretch a little, if not, I think I will just try and add some more row of stitches at the top to make it long enough for the crochet needles.


As you can see, it is more stretched where the red hook is, so I think it might fit with just a little bit of coaxing.
If I can manage to make one, I think I will make another for the Ravellenics. And then some, because I do know quite a lot of people who have crochet needles lying about everywhere. 
I have seen quite a bit of sewing designs for knitting/crochet needles, but since I am not the most avid seemstress, I thought I might crochet one instead.

And yes, I did buy too much of that white yarn to finish both blankets, but then I can always use white yarn. Let's just hope I don't have to scrap this project because I don't have any suitable yarn, so cross your fingers that this yarn will do.


If you want to make one yourself, the design is This one: and the best part is that it is free.

No Bunday without some bunny pictures:
Mimle has a tunnel.



Who says bunnies have expensive taste. A cardboard box is very cheap, let us not mention her taste in hay, that she will only eat two kinds, and one of them has to come from the other side of the world….

No comments: