Thursday 10 September 2015

Nine

My dress is finished! Finally, after starting it in April.
I finished sewing on the bottom frills and the neck frills late last night while watching the property brothers smash through some demolition, after sleeping all day I might add.

So I feel a lot better today and might venture out to the stores tomorrow if the weather stays as nice as it was today.

But on to my show and tell:
This is my bouquet! Not a sneak-peak this time, but a show and tell. It is finished, yatta!
I'll make a how to post later.


As always, the bow is the same pattern as parts of the dress, and the flowers were made by me and my friends.


Speaking of my dress, it weighs a whopping, 0,697 kilos, with frills and I used 13 skeins of yarn, almost seven months and the pattern is free, and I found it here.



Now that I have finished, want to see how the pattern is looking? My mother printed this out for me way back in April so that I didn't have to lug my iPad everywhere with me. I soon stopped bringing the dress with me though, but I have still used the paper pattern.
I've used it so much that I have in fact spilt tea on it, crumpled it, spilt chocolate, spilt water on it and in the folds Mimle has nibbled a part of it. Mimle really doesn't like in when I have things in my lap so she throws them away for easier passage over to the other side of the sofa. The grass is always greener on the other side of the sofa.



But she does like my dress, I caught her licking it yesterday, but so far no chinning and no extra lace making, she has really been on her best behavior. So far! Now that my dress is finished I will put in away for safe keeping until next weekend.

No comments: