Friday 6 November 2015

Finished Friday!

I have a finish! Or actually, I have TWO! 
This blanket is almost only made of leftover wool yarn from different projects, some have been given to me and some are from my stash. I even have a bit of yarn from my wedding dress and M's wedding-bow. I bought the three balls of yarn in the dark grey to make the border from Nille so this will turn into an inexpensive gift. ^^ 
I think I spent about three weeks making this.

The bunnies match the blanket.

As you can see, it is not that big, it is about 125-130 cm long and about 60 cm wide. Just long enough for me to use if I am taking an afternoon nap or for two people to have over their laps whilst sitting outside or something...

The colors might not be really me, but I do find myself L O V I N G them. The muted tones in brown, pink, dark blue, grey and moss green remind me of the forrest and cabin life so I think this would be a perfect to have at the cabin, but we will se where the recipient will put it.

It looks good in Grandmas chair too, gosh, now I want a blanket like that.
It is made mostly in sc or dc stitches, but there are some v-stitches, hdc rows and x- stitch rows as well. The blanket is thick and warm and perfect for when it is a bit chilly, no wind will come between the stitches in this blanket! Because I have used different thickness in the yarn it isn't as straight as I would want, but that is the charm of leftover yarn projects, right?

My finish number two:
A sock.
Also in leftover yarn.

Anyone remember this?


I got this for my birthday almost 20 years ago or something, I loved the idea of learning to knit, but I never really got the hang of it. Somewhere I have a something I knitted ages ago, if I find it I'll show you, basically it is a rectangle in with added and dropped stitches all over the place. I like to have something to show off for my efforts so since I sucked at knitting I think I didn't want to do it anymore and I never really got any better. 
Until now.
I found the leftover yarn from way back then (boy, I know now why all the kids I knew hated knitted garments, this old yarn is rough!) and made one sock. The green is from M's sock, I decided that since that part of the sock might get into contact with skin it would be better to use the new, soft yarn there. Yarn nowadays are so different! And I am pretty sure it is the SAME yarn, both sock yarn from Sandnes....

And yes, I do know I only made one sock, so technically it might not count as a proper finish, but I am counting it anyway. It is a big step up from just languishing in a closet for about 20 years.



No comments: