Wednesday 12 October 2016

Wedding Blanket Squares Thirty-Three





I loved the start on this, so much fun. It was good I was working from the photo guide from lookwhatimade because then I found out that this piece curled into a bowl around row five but that it straightened itself out later. If I had not known that I might have given up after frogging several times and finding a bowl shaped square again and again, so that was good. Now that I have made several squares and they always turn out square after blocking so I would probably not worry as much.
My popcorns on this actually look good.
and looking back I think ending the square after row eight might look good if you want a smaller square with less popcorns. Row eight is where my last dark purple row is.


I like both mine and *Kio's versions of this actually, might be because my popcorns look good and that with blocking this square stays perfectly square.

29 grams and 21x21 cm and it didn't take me too long to make this square so perhaps three hours up to the popcorn row?

Look how her popcorns pop, I know why they are called popcorns. (or bubble-stitch, but I think popcorn is more descriptive)

No comments: