Friday 25 November 2016

Friday Fail

Sometimes you start something and you can't see a problem with it or you think it will work itself out and you don't really think too hard about that little voice in your head that tells you something is off. And so it isn't until you have fastened all the threads and the product is really finished and you look at it and go, yeah, I really should have listened to myself and double-checked sooner...

And so my second baby devil-hat turned into a monster....

Since the last one was too small and I had to add a few rows around I thought why not just add a few more stitches in the beginning right? And I added five-ish stitches and I used the same yarn, just in a different colour....

Does this look like a cute child-sized hat? 
(that is an adult inside the hat btw)

Grumble grumble, 
well, I guess I just have to frog it and start over this time without any added stitches.... I guess both my stitch count and tension was way off that day...
  (and the yarn must have been slightly bigger than the last too, even if it was the same size and manufacturer...)


No comments: