Friday 17 February 2017

Finished, and I did it yet again

Remember I told you I was set for the baby shower? I was, and I intended not to start anything else because there was four days left until the big day. And then I was myself, and I sort of started another baby blanket. But I did finish in time. Crocheting the last stitches before I went to bed and ironing it minutes before I had to leave...


I managed to make them all and a border in four days, my finger is still hurting.
So this week i have been only knitting.


The border is a simple sc row and then a dc row and lastly I made a scallop edge of three chains and two dc stitches in the same stitch, skip three stitches and repeat all the way around.



I was in such a rush that I forgot to take a picture before I gifted the blanket so blocking pictures will have to suffice.

Husband and bunnies helped me with the arrangements, in the end we decided on the five colours used the same in each row but not in the same place.



I bought a matching bag and gave the blanket with the dress and bonnet and the mother to be was happy. I hope the dress fits.


30x24 cm big and 304 grams of Drops Baby Merino.

I loved the pattern, and after I had made just one I knew the pattern by heart. It was a fast, but easy square to do and it looks very nice. I am contemplating making use of some stash alpaca yarn and make myself another blanket, in pinks and purples... I just have to make a practise square to see of it looks as good in alpaca as it does in wool...

3 comments:

Ruths datter said...

Disse rutene har jeg prøvd meg på. Det ble en.. Veldig fine da.
Klem

Brenna said...

Very nice kinda old-fashioned colours :)

Vilje Vanilje said...

Ruth's datter;, takk, jeg likte god rutene, hadde det ikke vært et babyteppe hadde nok ikke jeg blitt ferdig heller, jeg er litt utålmodig av meg.

Brenna: Thank you, the colours match some of the things I know the mother-to-be had already bought, so I knew she would like them. ^^